DiBS is an action exploration game with a ‘grapple mechanic.’
When a creature comes close to her, they grapple.
When grappled, you navigate her to break free from the grapple, or she’d be dicked.
Oh, the tragedy.
Ps:- IF LINK DOESN'T WORK THAT MEANS THERE IS NEWER VERSION OF GAME, SEARCH THAT. IF THERE ISN'T NEWER VERSION REPORT IT COMMENT BELOW AND WE WILL UPDATE IT UNDER IN 24 Hours
This is legitimately one of the cooler levels I got to work on, at least in terms of atmosphere.
Currently, Mox can wait in the front of the carriage until the destination, or clear out the train.
There are still more things I’d like to add (namely sound effects + meaningful reward at the end of the carriage + make it longer). But this should be a building block to hopefully a cool level!
We have different wolf interacts now! Depending on how well-dressed Mox is, he has an ever-so-slightly different reaction. Plus, he also drops his cinema tape. It looks so goofy.
Also planning on a mini quest for koubold and wolf to persuade them to their home planet, but that’s for much later.
Speed Up Tenta-icons
It’s back! This was an old mechanic that made the tenta-icons move faster. No one noticed or understood it, so was disabled in 0.1.7. Now, it has visual feedback and it’s done with the more intuitive ‘right-click’ instead of ‘space’.
More New Things
- Added “wolf” cinema tape, dropped after saucy.
- Mox can sit in the mainhub.
- Koubold finally sends Mox to the save room.
- Clicking on stamina bar can skip minigame.
- New splash screen.
- Replaced water area with a ‘breather’ corridor for pacing.
Known new bugs
- Cursor disappears when in fullscreen (haven’t been able to replicate bug. Seems fixed though.)
- Fixed duplicating dropped ammo when exiting level.
- Fixed umbrella broken in gallery.
- Fixed snack icon not being removed after giving.
- Fixed vending machine duplicating snack after giving.
- Fixed crashing when settings file is outdated.
- Both F1 and ` can open the console.
- Settings now save. Can be found in AppDataRoamingDeep in Brixen SpaceDiBS or ~/.local/share/Deep in Brixen Space/DiBS.
- Pressing S multiple times while entering doors repeats the entering sound.
- Pressing B makes game fullscreen and breaks UI
Cursor disappearing when in fullscreen (?). Unconfirmed if fixed.— Not fixed, for some reason.
- Pressing Tab shows all the tapes Mox collected. Should help with keeping track how many tapes are left. Fast, Medium, and Slow Saucy Speed
- Anyway, saucy now has slow, medium, and fast. It automatically speeds up after every 5 seconds, then goes back to slow. Slower Camera
- Camera panning is slowed down by half. It’s less jarring now. Using a controller also makes the camera slower. More console commands
- Press ` to show console.
- New commands: — addclothes — removeclothes — givecircles — clearcircles — resetenemies
- Removed ‘health’ command for redundancy + ambiguity + broken.
- Some menu UI inconsistency.
- Fixed out of bounds in elevator scene.
- Numerous places where Mox’s sprite can phase through.
- Fixed game elements (doors, switch, etc.) persisting when restarting game.
- Yoga Mox: Her arm could rotate 180 horizontally.
- Controller works now, including aiming.
- Even works on menus.
- — Left Stick / D-Pad – Move
- — Right Stick – Aim
- — Right Trigger – Shoot
- — Right Bumper – Flashlight
- — A – Jump
- — X – Reload
Your feedback is very welcome.
If you have ideas for how the controller should work, head on to Discord suggestions!
Finally, Some Options
- Implemented options system.
- It also saves. When you reopen the game, your settings will be the same.
- Options so far:
- — Keyboard mode: QWERTY or AZERTY
- — Fullscreen and borderless.
- — Volume sliders (SFX, Music, Voice)
- Press ` to show console.
- Commands so far:
- — ammo
- — health
- — unlockgallery
- — resetgallery
- Finally added “dialogue” system. (It’s mostly just to show text on-screen.)
- Fixed ammo duplicating when using a door.
- No more bullets through walls.
- Controller: Fixed jump delay.
New Creature – Noodle
- Floats to Mox. Goofily.
- Really dumb. Doesn’t understand how walls work.
- Can be found near the debug door.
That’s the ninth (9th) creature in the game. Three (3) creatures left to make!
“Oh, there it is!” – Persistent Ammo System
- Magazines now stay when you leave. Absentminded-Mox no more.
- Interact “outline” will not show up when your magazines and ammo are full.
- Koubold is slightly less broken now, but still broken. He’s proving to be difficult to work with. Real stubborn lizard.
- Hand and ‘creature’ heart removed.
- Bugs can be seen in Known Bugs
(Update: I- What? Koubold works now. I don’t know why? I mean, there are still other bugs, but there was a big one where he sometimes literally disappears. It’s fixed, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why.)
- The walnut guarding near the debug room is now retired. Replaced with noodle.
- Noodle would sometimes play its animation in the Chamber, even if it was still in selection.
- Randomly, some entities would start floating (from introducing the floating mechanic). Fixed.
- Koubold should now stop teleporting after a grapple.
- Koubold “should” stop disappearing. (?)
Known Bugs Low Priority
- Cinema Room: Moxie moves left and right very fast if the cursor is hovering over her (in cinema).
- You can enter a new room while being grappled.
- “Creature Hat”: Creatures climb walls when player and creature occupy the same space near a wall.
- GrappleMechanic: Can’t move diagonally when there are two tentacles that are attached to Moxie.
- In water, running to either side while spamming jump seems to play splash SFX only on the left channel.
- The elevator platform “blinks” when moving away from it.
- Koubold: His grapple will sometimes get Mox’s icon stuck for no apparent reason.
- Koubold: During the minigame, his broom will move across the screen. This also moves other items, like clothes, ammo, and cinema tapes. Impressive.
What to expect next in August:
- Cinema Animation
- — Oh boy here come new anims
- Noodle Flashlight Mechanics Implementation
- — Was temporarily removed due to bugs. To be re-implemented in August
And that’s it! Next update will be on August 30.
Less Pathetic Bullets
— Bullets deal more damage (3 shots for most creatures)
Where’s the ammo?
— Removed some ammo magazines. Magazines are rarer now.
More motivated creatures
— Stunned creatures recover faster.
Where are they?
— Fewer creatures, and focusing on exploration a bit.
Reloads: “Good enough.”
— If you reach 95% of your reload, you’ll still reload.
Less Missed Jumps
— Less likely to fall off platforms because of bad jumps.
— In nerd terms:
Speedy When Naked
— Grapple Minigame: Tentacles are faster when player is naked
I am Speedy
— Grapple Minigame: Player’s speed is slightly increased.
– If you shoot creatures that are bunched up, the hit sounds repeat.
Things can change.
Bugs can appear, then be squashed.
Finally, content will be added, even if at a steady, albeit slow pace.
(But it doesn’t have to be wink wink)
DiBS is being worked on under my spare time,
usually one or two days a week, so content update is slow.
- 0 Comment
- Adult Games
- June 8, 2022