An Alchemist’s Tale is a lighthearted adult visual novel where the player takes the role of a village alchemist and general problem solver. Play as Allen Williams as he stumbles his way through the stories of various characters, helping them with their problems as much as he can and usually fucking them twice as much. Allen does his best to not burn down the house, walk in the giant footprints of his heroes, and discover his own place in a diverse world.
- Joiplay compatibility update.
- Zeleshi intro (Scouting quest 2)
- Rewrite of Zeleshi X Green to make sense with new intro, gated behind new intro.
- Zeleshi VN art updates
- Zeleshi X Allen 1 (Instalose)
- VN Art Changes to support Joiplay.
- Bugs and typos.
- Wes now rewards the item “Hardwood” each time he is worked for. This will be used in some recipes.
- Maria TF Scene.
- Rain fuck scene.
- Raphael All day BJ (two intruder variations).
- Maria Peek 2 (No fog).
- Janna VN art.
- Cave and Lake open, currently mostly empty areas for ingredient gathering.
- The below ingredients are in for testing purposes, they are not needed for any scene
or required crafting yet. Snake should be slightly more difficult then woodchop
version of button mash. And chodestool I’m looking for feedback of timer and
length of QTE.
- Snake Minigame, just a smashing spacebar game like the woodchop.
- Chodestool, reintroducing QTE, these guys move very slowly and should have a long
but not complex QTE.
- The below ingredients are in for testing purposes, they are not needed for any scene
- Typos and minor bugs fixed. Of course. Thanks a lot, to everyone who reports bugs so I
can squash them.
- Changed some quest text for clarity. Some will retroact to old saves some wont. Doesn’t
affect save compatibility because generally if it won’t retroactively apply it means you
already finished it.
- Fishing initialization after load bug resolved. If using an old save load, save, restart the
game so the new code can take effect.
Known Issue: Joiplay incompatible.
Joiplay image size restrictions are a fraction of what I’m using. A custom Joiplay Patch with smaller images is on the todo list. Sadly, making the base game joiplay compatible requires me to make changes that cause faces to flash badly or require me to lower image resolution more then I’m happy doing. If I find a solution that works for both cleanly, I will do that
- Rain Tit fuck added to her discount menu and gallery
- Lisandere Masturbation scene added, to gallery as well.
- Moved Lis helping to evenings in church basement to spread out time of day events.
- Typos, Credit fixes.
- Cleanup code for future scene location
Joiplay issue has been discovered but not resolved. Joiplay has a very small image size limitation. I had not even heard of Joiplay until people started telling me this game didn’t work on it. I have some ideas to make this joiplay compatible but doing so will likely cause flashing when changing face emotes for everyone else, this is why i made big images in the first place, load em once, no flickering faces ever. I might settle on having a special patch for joiplay users so they can play or otherwise I’ll release a version with this enabled for everyone if flickering is not a real issue then huzzah.
Saves should be transferable
- Rain Tit fuck 1 added, quest log clarity added, relationship numbers re-balanced for speed.
- VN art image size reduced by half, code rewritten to accommodate. This is an attempt to resolve
an issue joiplay/mobile users are having where character images turn into black boxes due to
cache sizes with rpgMV
- Fishing mini-game re-balanced. Second fishing pole added to store. Cutscene for tutorial and setup for an alt
Raphael scene to “earn” the new pole (to be finished in v1.3
- Made fishing mini-game graphics larger and added instructions on the BG element
- Various typos and event trigger fixes.
- Small map changes. Removed placeholder caravan/popup store from central Trenar.
Saves from 1.0-1.1 are transferable, but ONLY if you don’t have a fishing pole. Those other saves might be stable but I cannot guarantee it due to fundamental changes of how the fishing system works and you wont be able to properly trigger through the redone fishing quest. Save transferability is a high priority for me, but is not going to be a guarantee I can make especially in these early stage builds where I’m fixing things in primary systems.
- Walking speeds all increased.
- Auto dash Starts enabled (for clean games).
- Text speed increased. Autopause at punctuation removed.
- QTE from redshrooms removed, I’m so sorry I did that to you.
- Woodchop minigame had it’s requirements dropped from 60 clicks to 40, should feel less shitty.
- Crash in Maria home fixed.
- Infinite sleep loop in Hilda’s home fixed.
- Raised sell price of medicine and reward from cutting/farmwork/groping jobs.
- Fixed bug where grope scene rewarded no actual gems.
- Green story sped up, less total visits to the grove needed and # of available days increased.
- Debug wand can teleport to more places: grove, farmland, lumberyard.
- Minor map adjustments: removed some things people got caught on a lot and shortened common pathways.
Saves from 1.0 are transferable.
First Public Release – 9 unique and repeatable CG scenes with variations.
Walkthrough is located in the mega and Gdrive links.
So, long time lurker first time game dev. I really wanted to just be upfront about some stuff before/after you enjoy or hate this first release. This is an experiment and little passion project of mine I started up really just for my own fun. I have a well-paying full-time job and barring support for this being absolutely insane that won’t change anytime soon (though, you know, I’m open to the fantasy of it). This project is funded by me, commissioning art from artists I like on themes and topics that I like. Over $1700 spent so far. If you wanna jump on subscribestar to support it the funds from there will generally all be spent commissioning more pieces for this project to continue way faster. But right now I’m not counting on it and barring that kind of support I’ll be completing, abandoning or moving on from this project at my own pace. The main reason to jump on subscribestar will be to vote on my priorities/participate in my discord where you can very actively bully me.
Structurally I’ve planned this out so that individual character stories are largely independent. So, I can complete, expand, cut, or modify as much as I want without effecting the narrative flow overall. There will be as many of these stories as I see fit and feel I can fund before moving to the game-end story arc. I will also focus on making individual stories complete and get to the good stuff instead of the slow crawl of making them all crrreeeeeep forward one shower peek and hand-job at a time.
Also PLEASE PM or post any bugs you find so I can squash them, I’ll be as responsive as I can about that.
The themes in this game are based on what I feel MOST comfortable writing and working on, meaning the list may change over time as priorities and interests shift. It will definitely contain straight, futa on female/male, gay, numerous genders and shapes of characters, monstergirls/guys, transformation, romance, prostitution, voyeurism, exhibitionism, swinging, Lactation/pregnancy, Bad-end, and especially once endgame story starts some NTR. Various storylines will explore these themes to different extents, gay content will be generally skip/avoidable. NTR in the endgame will be skippable and may or may not be avoidable.
If you’re based you can skip this. Otherwise a brief addressing is in order. This is FAR AWAY AT THIS STAGE, BUT: The main bad guy of this game is planned to have a strong pheromone effect that threatens the whole town and the MC needs to stop. them There will exist scenes where they succeed in temporarily stealing your waifu’s while you seek a cure, this is dramatic tension meant to motivate you to stop them. You’ll be able to avoid this on specific primary love interests skip the scenes for minor characters so I will not entertain any demands to remove it. If the bad guy doing bad guy things in a porn game makes you so angry that you will yell at real people about it you need to just not play this game from the very start. In addition, there will be some bad ends that will contain NTR and at least 1 planned storyline that focuses heavily on it. Again, all skippable/avoidable and when they get implemented, I’ll be upfront about where it is. BTW, to avoid it in this release, don’t enter the harpies grove when you hear the ominous distant plap-plaping.
Not going to be in this game. Nothing against it and I enjoy a good “stuck at home with my hot landlady” as much as the next guy but this just isn’t that game. Though I have played with the idea of each character in the Williams family getting their own very different style of game. Allen’s relaxing gathering/craft/story, his sister’s action adventure, and his mothers save the world quest. If I ever introduce twins though they wont count. Obviously, that’s just hot.
Thanks for reading my ramblings and I hope you enjoy my work.
- 0 Comment
- Adult Games
- May 17, 2022